I had an amazing time this past Saturday at the benefit that was planned for me. THANK YOU to all of those that helped pull that all together, those that have taken up/or given donations on my behalf and all of you that came out to support me!!! I could not wait to see everyone!! I just didn't have as much time as I wanted to spend visiting with all of you. You guys know that I am a hugger so not being able to hug was torture!!!!!! As I said on Saturday, after this is all over we will have another party so that I can hug all of you!!
The benefit was a blessing because I responsible for 10% of total medical bills, I have not worked since mid-March and will be in Seattle at least four months if not longer so I have not had and will not have income for a while. Disability should start in July. Thank goodness!! I have been leaning on Jeff financially but when we go to Seattle ... he will have no income!! I'm not telling you this for sympathy .... quite the contrary!! I am trying to "put into words" how grateful I am for all of the support I have received from you!! God didn't give me cancer but he allowed it to happen for a reason. I may never know that reason but it has to be a good one!!
What's going on medically with me? I went to the doctor yesterday (Monday) and although my numbers are still low, they had increased. I don't have to go back until Friday!! I will have another complete blood count on Friday. If the numbers have gone up enough for another round of chemo, I will start that on Monday. Yuck!!! That means we do this all over again.
I still need your prayers, they still haven't found a donor for me. I pray they find a good donor match for me and we soon will be going to Seattle to start the process.
Again, thanks for everything .... God bless you!!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
I look forward to hopefully seeing ya'll this weekend and thank everyone for their generous donations. Unfortunately, my blood counts are still low and I hope I will be able to attend my benefit.
- Location: Millard Legion, 14334 U Street, Omaha, NE
- $10 donation at the door
- Silent auction with great items to bid on
- Frog's Leap: magnum of cabernet sauvignon ($90 retail)
- Sequoia Grove: bottle of reserve cabernet sauvignon ($65 retail)
- Sawyer Cellars: 3 bottles of rose and 2 etched glasses ($65 retail)
- Opus One: 6 bottles of Overture ($420 retail)
- Nebraska football memorabilia
- Gift certificates from restaurants
- Restaurant gift cards: La Casa, Applebees, Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, Charlestons, Cheeseburger, Baja Grill, and more
- Candles, a Scensy warmer, wine bags, a watch, purse from Diva Girls, Gift card from Tuffy's, Husker Tickets to the opening game, 2 nights at Dana Farms, 2 tents at a Winery South of town (can't remember the name of the place), an afghan, Husker footballs, wine t-shirt and cool glass, oh there is so much stuff!
- All you can eat
- Local bands